Monday 2 April 2012

High School of the Dead vs. The Walking Dead

If you're anything like me you love ZOMBIES! So I bet you were excited when The Walking Dead came out right? Yeah so was I...then I watched it. It's like watching a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. You're right, that was actually offensive to headless chickens.The story follows a cop who is trying to find his family after being unconscious during the start of the zombie apocalypse. It starts off great with him having to kill zombies and raid places to stay alive. But once he finds his family it all goes down hill...

Picture taken from Nuke the Fridge.com



My issue with The Walking Dead is there is just too much drama. Everyone is more worried about the social aspects of the apocalypse than actual survival. It's as if they took the Bold and the Beautiful and added cannibals. Everyone on the show seems to be channeling an emotional teenage girl with the amount of tantrums that happen. The only good character is the little boy but he tends to get lost...like a lot. But I truly blame that on his mother.

Half way through the first season I stumbled upon High School of the Dead and my love of zombies was renewed.

Picture taken from Kokugamer.com


A look into what happens when we're able to live out our curiosity of killing people. High School of the Dead follows a group of high school kids and their teacher as they fight off their former class mates cravings for human flesh. There is drama, but there is also action. Zombies are killed, humans are killed. There is just blood all around. Plus up skirts for those of you who love that sort of thing. It's an anime that makes fun of the fact it's an anime.

So tell us, do you agree or disagree with my little rant?

Enjoy this rant? Have a look to see why I hated the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 Endless Eight. Or if you're looking for anime fashion have a look at our Anime Inspired section.